We invite you to take part in free-of-charge workshops:
Trade Secret – What Will Be the Results of UE Harmonisation for Polish Companies?, which will take place on 7 June 2016 in Warsaw.
At the beginning of 2016, a proposal for a new EU directive on the protection of undisclosed know-how and business information (trade secrets) was agreed on, and should be adopted by the end of this year. The reform introduced in the UE coincides with analogous works in the United States to strengthen the protection of trade secrets of US companies. This protection gains in economic significance, both nationally and globally. The workshop will explain what can be subject to trade secret, and what benefits it may bring. We will also indicate the conditions to be met in order to obtain protection, and practically present the rules for preparing documentation necessary to obtain and maintain protection. The workshop is addressed to everyone with interest in this subject, regardless of the business sector. Additional knowledge on the developments in trade secret protection in the EU is of particular significance for companies cooperating with external entities.
- Definition of trade secret (confidentiality of information, its economic value and means of making sure that the information will be kept in secrecy) – current status and upcoming amendments.
- Using the experience and skills of employees and breach of trade secret.
- Rules for protecting trade secret in a company:
– identification of know-how in a company;
– rules for securing trade secret in internal regulations;
– disclosing information to employees and advisors;
– disclosing trade secret to third parties with particular emphasis on agreements concluded in international trade.
- Protecting trade secret in court proceedings.
In order to register for the event, please fill in an application form and send it to the address: email@example.com by 31 May 2016. Due to limited number of seats, each application must be confirmed and priority is given to the Law Firm’s clients.
Workshop hours: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Do not hesitate to apply!