Our team of experienced lawyers represents our clients before:
- courts of law
- courts of arbitration
- administrative courts
- Supreme Court
- Supreme Administrative Court
- Constitutional Tribunal
- European Court of Justice
- administration authorities
We support our clients from various industries and sectors in cases in all the areas of law within the scope of our practice. We assist our clients through all the stages of court procedure. To this end, we:
- support our clients to resolve a dispute in mediation at pre-trial stage;
- carry out pre-trial preparations;
- gather materials and assess the chances of success;
- prepare a strategy, taking into account legal risk and business goals of our clients;
- implement the adopted strategy and keep the client informed on the course of events.
Dispute resolution – intellectual property rights
Our team of experts has extensive experience in conducting litigation concerning intellectual property rights. We provide comprehensive support at every stage of the proceedings. In court proceedings, we collaborate with experts in the field of valuation of industrial property rights, design and technology appraisers, with sociologists, as well as with agencies conducting consumer research and PR agencies.
In line with our professional experience, we:
- prepare and manage litigations in the area of brand protection, including for reputable trademarks and commonly recognised marks;
- represent clients in litigations to protect patent rights, industrial designs, utility models and trademarks;
- manage litigations to protect company names and publicity rights (reputation, image);
- lead court proceedings in relation to copyright disputes, which cover, for example, copyrights to computer software, literary and music works, applied art works (interior decoration, furniture, architectural designs), commercial labels and packaging;
- represent our clients before the Community Trademark and Industrial Design Court and the Arbitration Court for Internet Domains;
- represent our clients in administrative and court-administrative proceedings concerning registration and maintenance of exclusive rights and conflicts of such rights, including conflicts of exclusive rights registered by the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland and the Office for the Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) – proceedings to revoke, cancel and object to registration of conflicting trademarks;
- represent our clients in disputes relating to infringements of intellectual property rights on the Internet (e.g. by using someone else’s names in domains as key words in online advertising);
- resolve disputes over white labels of retail chains;
- represent our clients in disputes in the area of unfair competition regulations – to protect marks and external form of products and to protect know-how and company secrets.
Dispute resolution – advertising law
Our experience in dispute resolution also includes representing clients in disputes over advertising and promotional activities, for example, in food, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, alcohol and telecom industries.
In line with our experience, we represent our clients:
- in court proceedings in unfair advertising cases, including misleading and forbidden comparative advertising;
- in proceedings before industry regulators and self-regulatory bodies which assess if advertising is in compliance with the law, good practices and codes of ethics (e.g. Committee of Advertising Ethics, UOKiK (Office of Competition and Consumer Protection), KRRIT (Polish National Broadcasting Council), GIF (Main Pharmaceutical Inspectorate) or PIS (State Sanitary Inspection)).
Dispute resolution – competition and consumer protection law
Our experts represent clients in proceedings before the UOKiK (Office of Competition and Consumer Protection) and the Competition and Consumer Protection Court in cases relating to competition restricting agreements, abuse of a dominant position or practices infringing on collective consumer interests from the explanatory stage to the proper anti-monopoly proceedings.
Dispute resolution – real property and construction projects
For our clients, we serve court disputes over the ownership of real property, performance of real property contracts and settlement of real property expenditures. We also represent our clients in administrative and court-administrative proceedings to determine the legal status and optimal use of real property.
Dispute resolution – public procurement
Our experts support our clients to resolve disputes over public procurement contracts. We represent businesses and public entities before courts of law in appeals against decisions of the KIO (National Appeals Chamber).
Assistance we may provide includes analyses and assessments of chances of appeals against a KIO decision, preparation of appeals, responses to appeals and any other documents to be used in proceedings. We also represent our clients in court.
Dispute resolution – labour law
We have experience as in-court representatives of our clients in litigations in the area of labour law. We advise and serve our clients in proceedings relating to:
- termination of employment and damages for unlawful termination;
- overtime pay;
- damages for entrusted property;
- non-compete clauses;
- workplace mobbing.
Dispute resolution – business law
We also support our clients by representing their interests in disputes over:
- corporate governance;
- debt enforcement;
- performance or undue performance of contracts;
- investment settlements;
- trade contract settlements;
Mediation and arbitration
Our experts represent our clients before courts of arbitration, including the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw and foreign arbitration courts, and before the Internet domain courts of NASK (Research and Academic Computer Network) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).