Technologies Media and Telecommunications has been one of the Firm’s main areas of specialisation since it first entered the market. The Firm’s TMT practice group is one of the most experienced in Poland, and constantly advises a large number of Polish and foreign entities operating in the sector. The legal services we provide in this respect focus on five key fields:
- telecommunications and radio and television broadcasting,
- intellectual property and new technologies,
- legal protection of information,
Telecommunications and radio and television broadcasting
With respect to telecommunications law the Firm provides a full range of services for businesses operating in the telecommunications sector. The issues we advise on include:
- legal issues relating to regulation of the telecommunications market, such as regulatory obligations imposed by the Chairman of the Office for Electronic Communications on the wholesale and retail services markets,
- negotiation of all kinds of telecommunications access agreements and conducting proceedings regarding decisions on telecommunications access,
- drawing up draft agreements and rules for the provision of telecommunications services,
- other issues subject to telecommunications regulation, such as management of frequencies and number allocation, use of telecommunications infrastructure and processing of confidential telecommunications data.
With regard to the Broadcasting Act the Firm offers:
- advice on legal issues related to television production (including advertising, sponsorship, product placement)
- representation in the proceedings before the Chairman of the National Broadcasting Council (including broadcasting licensing).
The Firm’s advice on e-commerce focuses on the following issues:
- concluding on-line contracts (B2B, B2C)
- electronic signature
- electronic payment instruments
- consumer protection
- taxes on electronic transactions
Intellectual property and new technologies
The Firm frequently advises entities that disseminate the so-called multimedia materials over the Internet and in mobile telephone networks. These services are provided for mobile telephone operators and the largest Polish portals and websites. The scope of our advisory services includes:
- comprehensive legal services rendered for Internet Service Providers (ISP), including various models for Web 2.0 sites.
- analysis of various models for licensing copyright, performance rights and producers’ rights, used by Polish and foreign producers and the so-called content aggregators,
- representation in proceedings concerning intellectual property rights infringements online.
Information protection law
For a number of years now protection of information and personal data has been one of the major fields of specialization of our Firm. We advise data administrators on the following types of legally protected information:
- personal data,
- professional secrets (including confidential data stored in telecommunications systems, banks and insurance agencies),
- trade secrets,
- commercial information,
- confidential information as defined in the Act on Trading in Public Securities.