TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions implement the obligation referred to in Article 8.1.1 as well as Articles 20.1.2 and 20.1.3 of the APSEM and Article 173.1.1 of the TL.
- These Terms and Conditions set out the rules of using the Law Firm’s Website, including the terms of service that consists in ordering and sending Event Notifications by e-mail, as well as terms of service that consists in providing means to submit CVs via the Website.
- The operator of the Website is Traple Konarski Podrecki i Wspólnicy sp. j. with its registered office in Krakow, ul. Królowej Jadwigi 170.
- These Terms and Conditions are provided free of charge on http://www.traple.pl in the form which allows the User of the Law Firm’s Website to record, store and reproduce these Terms and Conditions free of charge. The User can record and multiply the contents of these Terms and Conditions with the use of any technique and on any carrier for the purposes related to the use of the Law Firm’s Website and services provided thereon.
Capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions shall have the following meanings unless expressly provided otherwise:
- Controller – controller within the meaning of Article 4.7 of the GDPR,
- Personal Data – personal data within the meaning of Article 4.1 of the GDPR, which provides that personal data shall mean information about an identified or identifiable natural person;
- Law Firm – Traple Konarski Podrecki i Wspólnicy sp. j. with its registered office in Krakow, ul. Królowej Jadwigi 170, postal code 30-212 Krakow, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for Krakow – Śródmieście in Krakow, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under number KRS 209208, Industry ID No. (REGON): 351621368, Tax Reg. No. (NIP): 6772105587;
- Terms and Conditions – these Terms and Conditions available on www.traple.pl;
- GDPR – Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/697 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), dated 27 April 2016,
- TL – Telecommunications Law (consolidated text, Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] of 2017, item 1907, as amended), dated 16 July 2004,
- Site of Law Firm – available at www.traple.pl,
- APSEM – Act on Providing Services by Electronic Means (consolidated text, Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] of 2017, item 1219, as amended), dated 18 July 2002.
- User – every person (natural person, legal person, unincorporated organisational unit) using the Website;
- Event Notifications – notifications about events featuring speakers of the Law Firm which are sent to an e-mail address indicated by the User; an order for the Event Notifications is available, in line with these Terms and Conditions, on www.traple.pl, in the “Conferences” tab.
- The Law Firm’s Website operates in accordance with the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The use of the Law Firm’s Website is free of charge, voluntary and authorised for all Users of the Internet.
- By using the Law Firm’s Website, the User accepts the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Rights and Obligations of the User
- Every User is obliged to use the Law Firm’s Website in line with these Terms and Conditions, in compliance with the law, and in accordance with the standards of public decency.
- It is in particular prohibited to:
- provide untrue, inaccurate or out-of-date information and/or Personal Data whilst using the Website;
- disseminate untrue or unlawful information about the contents of the Website;
- infringe, in any manner, the personal rights of the Law Firm, its employees, people related to the Law Firm, and/or third parties;
- provide information that violates the applicable provisions of law;
- interfere with the Website, including to change the code of the Website, to use or transmit any viruses, worms, Trojans, unauthorised extensions and other mechanisms that may adversely affect the operation of the Website, software and/or the devices of the Law Firm or the Users.
Technical Requirements and Cookies
- In order to use the Website, it is necessary to have a device with access to the Internet and a properly configured web browser, e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- The User can prevent cookies from being stored on their terminal equipment by changing the settings of the web browser.
- The User can delete cookies already stored on their terminal equipment by using the relevant functionalities of the web browser, other software or apps designed for that purpose. For more details about how to disable cookies in a web browser you can visit such pages as:
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=pl&answer=95647
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/pl/kb/usuwanie-ciasteczek,
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835/pl,
Event Notifications Service
- Every User of the Law Firm’s Website can order the Event Notifications service to be informed of any events featuring speakers of the Law Firm.
- To make an order it is necessary to provide an e-mail address of the User in the “E mail” box available on the Law Firm’s Website.
- No payment is collected for placing an order for, or sending the Event Notifications. Upon placing the order, the User agrees that the Event Notifications service may commence immediately.
- The User can unsubscribe from the Event Notifications service at any time by sending a relevant message to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV Submission Service
- Every User of the Law Firm’s Website can submit a CV and a cover letter in order to take part in recruitment processes organised by the Law Firm. Submission is made via the relevant tool in the “Career” tab.
- Submission of the CV and a cover letter is free of charge.
- In respect of the Personal Data provided by the User via the Website, the Law Firm acts as the Controller. Such data may in particular include an e-mail address provided in connection with an order for the Event Notifications (Article 6), and data included in a CV and a cover letter in case of submitting an application via the Website (Article 7).
- The Controller processes the Users’ Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws, in particular with the provisions of the APSEM as well as the GDPR.
- The Controller applies necessary technical measures to prevent any unauthorised parties from obtaining and/or modifying the Personal Data provided by electronic means. In particular, the forms which enable the User to order the Event Notifications and submit a CV and a cover letter make it possible to send information to the Controller.
Contact and Complaints
- The Law Firm uses its best efforts to ensure proper functioning of the Law Firm’s Website. The User is entitled to report any irregularities and errors concerning the functioning of the Law Firm’s Website to the address: email@example.com
- The User using the services described in Article 6 and Article 7 of the Agreement is entitled to file complaints about those services to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any reports and/or complaints referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 above shall contain a detailed description of the problem and contact data of the User so that the Law Firm is able to respond to such report/complaint of the User.
- The Law Firm may ask the User to provide additional information to the extent necessary to produce a response.
- The Law Firm will respond to such report and/or complaint within 14 days from receiving all necessary information.
- For technical reasons, there might be a breakdown or malfunction of the Website that prevents or hinders its use. The above shall also cover a situation where the Website is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.
- The Law Firm shall not be liable for the malfunction or unavailability of the Website caused by reasons specified above and/or any other reasons beyond the Law Firm’s control.
Amendment to these Terms and Conditions
- The Law Firm reserves a right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
- Any amendment to these Terms and Conditions shall become effective at the moment of publishing a revised version of these Terms and Conditions on the Website, or at the date indicated in a notification of amendment to these Terms and Conditions published on the Law Firm’s Website.
- The applicable version of the Terms and Conditions is always available on the Law Firm’s Website.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the provisions of the Polish law.
- Any matters not provided for herein shall be governed by the relevant provisions, including without limitation the provisions of the Polish Civil Code dated 23 April 1964 (consolidated text, Dz.U. [Journal of Laws] of 2017, item 459, as amended) and the GDPR.