Academic conference of the Polish Patent Office: Intellectual Property Yesterday and Today. 100 Years of Poland’s Membership in the Paris Convention
An academic conference of the Polish Patent Office will be held in the Warsaw Stock Exchange building on 28–29 November 2019. It is entitled “Intellectual Property Yesterday and Today. 100 Years of Poland’s Membership in the Paris Convention”.
On the first day of the event, attorney-at-law Paweł Podrecki, PhD Habil., Professor of the Institute of Law Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences, will moderate a Patent Law panel. The following issues will be addressed:
- Patent package (current meaning)
- Accumulation of protection of intellectual property in the life sciences sector
- Patent infringement in the light of private international law
- Patent in bankruptcy or winding up proceedings
- New exception for decompilation and interoperability in patent law
- Quo vadis bio?
Tomasz Targosz, PhD, attorney-at-law, will participate in a panel on Infringement vs. Use – Copyright Law Against the Background of Industrial Property Law on the second day of the Conference. The matters to be discussed include:
- What are the effects of new technologies on the right to rebroadcast?
- Civil law consequences of an overlap between protection provided for in copyright law and industrial property law
- Right of paternity over works and inventions
- Differences in protection paradigm in copyright and patent law